A web system that provides the functions and features to authenticate and identify users and provides them with easy, intuitive, personalized user customizable web interface is called a Portal.
Portals are designed to aggregate, streamline and simplify business to customer (B2C), business to employee (B2E), and business to partner (B2P) communications and interactions. The ability to quickly and securely share information with customers, partners and employees is a must in today’s market.
Your website portal can be your source of income and it is often a customer’s first impression of your company. We can help you anticipate changing user needs and demands by creating intelligent portals to integrate and disseminate information and conduct business transactions with seamless functionality.
For recommending portal development architecture and platform, we consider following activities as the prerequisite:
- Full understanding of clients business and technical requirements
- e-Zest and client agreement on Portal’s use cases/Usage scenarios
- Understanding implications of the availability, scalability, recovery, and other non-functional and technical requirements
- If previous application exists, then re-engineering and re-architecting within the context of client existing application architecture
The e-Zest portal development and consulting services:
- Include internet portals, intranet portals, social networking and online communities, corporate portal, enterprise information portals and industry specific portals.
- Offer strategy formulation for portal development
- Customize application for specific trade structure
- Include database design and information architecture
- Intensify present software application
- Engineer new portal solutions
- Integrate third party software into portal architecture. Offer high level portal architecture and wireframes.
- Include a 24×7 web maintenance, portal administration and support services.
- Economize infrastructure expenditure
- Include database optimization
- Have competent developers who give their best and meet project deadlines
- Are cost effective
- Technical expertise includes: development languages & technologies, web & application server platforms, interface design tools, languages and applications, database servers and operating systems
The web portal frameworks here are created using industry standard techniques and open source components.
An overview of the e-Zest framework:
- Built on industry standard SharePoint, DotNetNuke, Microsoft.NET, PHP or Ruby ON Rails platforms.
- Clear separation of Presentation , Business Logic and Data layers for maximum flexibility and scalability
- Several built in core features such as multiple parent / child portal instances, ability to apply different skins to each portal or page, content management system, localization, security, personalization, module containers.
- SharePoint, Liferay and Alfresco are also included
The types of portals included under open source portal development encompass:
Horizontal & vertical, community, personal, regional web, corporate web, and domain specific portals.
The existing modules within the e-Zest framework are:
- User profile management
- Newsletter/bulk email
- Banner ads
- Syndicated content (RSS)
- Discussion Board and Blogs
- Social networking
- Shopping cart
- Payment processing
- Product catalog
- Order Management
e-Zest creates a business portal for you that act as a repository of information from various sources, which is user friendly and becomes an acknowledged gateway for users worldwide. Quality with perfection is what their experts profess!