A product’s success or failure depends on the market response after its release. This highlights the criticality of release management in a product’s lifecycle, something which every product company needs to look into with greater depth.
Product packaging is the most important aspect of release management; it generally includes some of the following activities:
- Installer for the desktop based applications
- Account set-up for ASP based applications
- Web-application set-up
- One-touch deployment, silent installations
- Configurations, customization and personalization of the product.
- Dependencies, Read me files, user help and product manuals
e-Zest is having experience and expertise in managing of such product release management challenges and can help you in streamline process of product release management. We can help you in coming up with roadmap to product release management process, by correctly prioritizing and implementing product releases.
At e-Zest, we use the following 5-point process model to come up with product release roadmap for your products
- Understanding customer/end-user feedback
- Validating feedback against common sense and real-world practices
- Prioritizing action items
- Devising release schedule
- Recording key decisions
Another critical aspect of the release management is License management. Since most of the clients sell the licenses and not product implementing these license schemes in your product is something needs to be considered as product features and required to be implemented. Some of the licensing schemes that e-Zest has implemented the past for product include
- Time based license (expires after a particular set date)
- Duration based
- Number of product runs
- Number of total users of the product
- Number of concurrent users of the product
- Number of records in database
- Size of database
- Unrestricted access to licensed/renewed products only
For managing product licenses vendors need flexible licensing solutions that let them quickly create new pricing models and product configurations so they can target new market segments effectively. At the same time, they need license-compliance solutions that ensure software security. At e-Zest we understand this key licensing perspective and provide product licensing solutions which provide flexibility to
- Price products the way customers want
- Rapidly customize product licensing and packaging terms to penetrate new customer segments
- Package software flexibly to meet market demand
- Protect products and prevent revenue leakage
We have extensively used open-source and third-party licensing solution frameworks such as FLEXlm, JProductivity, SourceTap License Manager along with e-Zest’s customized product licensing framework for developing product licensing solutions for our customers depending on specific product requirements and licensing model.